Dear Friend, (9/27/08)

Hi, it's me again. Joy, right? Riiiiight. I'm sure you have better things to do than be annoyed by my persistent nagging. But you're stuck with me.

Today was long and hard. School sucked and then my brother's girlfriend went into labor, which was awesome! But then my mom and dad decide to go to California straight away to be with her, my brother and the baby. So they called me and wanted me to ask my little sister if she wanted to go, and of course she did. So they all left me here - alone. What a peculiar feeling -- being alone. I seem quite accustomed to it lately. Anyway, so that happened and the school day finished itself out and I find out I have to stay after to help work the competition monologues. And to think nobody even asked me if i would be willing to help... they just assumed. So I deal with that frustration. I just wish I could shake some sense into some of them. Like, acting is really not that hard. Maybe I just think that because it comes to me so naturally, but it really isn't. If you can feel emotion and speak, you can act. I don't know why that though doesn't transfer well in some people. But in all the monologue I really felt like we jumped across huge barriers, until the performance time came later that evening. For the most part, all the hard work went to waste, and most of them just fell back into the patterns they had before. Talk about frustration. After all that hard work. Yeah... So as I said, the Renaissance Feaste happened and then I went to Taylors house to watch a movie with her, Camille, and Ben. Then I came home.

It is now, as I sit here in my room, that I feel completely alone. As if even you aren't here. I want someone to share intimate secrets and moments with. I want a companion to rely on. A friend of whom I love with every part of me in every way I can. Someone to trust wholeheartedly. I want that and I feel as if I'll never get it.

Sigh, what's wrong with me? I shouldn't be caught up in all this. I'm too young.

Goodnight,
Erika

0 comments: